Westminster Canterbury Richmond opened in 1975 and is a top-rated, faith-based, service-oriented continuing care retirement community known for its tradition of excellence. Click here to explore the Westminster Canterbury Richmond website.
Our staff is a diverse group of more than 600 professionals working in harmony to support our community and to uphold the mission and values of the organization. Each team member plays a critical role in making a difference in the lives of those we serve. Read their testimonials.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant in regard to race, color, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran or uniform service status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
As a faith-based charitable organization, we will provide services, specific to need, in a compassionate, professional, holistic manner, through an inspiring environment and dynamic leadership for our residents, employees and others we serve.
Caring, Ethics, Leadership, Teamwork, Innovation, Commitment and Stewardship
We’ve been earning awards and distinctions for decades. Here are some of our more recent achievements:
- Excellence in the Workplace Award—Leading Age, 2010
- Top 50 Employers—Richmond Times-Dispatch since 2007
- Best Senior Living Facility—Richmond Times-Dispatch, 2017
- Best Retirement Community in Central Virginia—Virginia Living Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Best Continuing Care Community—Richmond Magazine, 2013, 2014, 2017
- Best Child Care Program (Westminster Canterbury Richmond Child Development Center)— Richmond Magazine, 2014
- Top Performing (Mary Morton Parsons Health Center)—U.S. News & World Report Best Nursing Homes, 2017-2018
- CARF/CCAC Accredited
- Better Business Bureau of Central Virginia Accredited Member